Okay, I bought the coolest tux for this fancy dinner I am to attend and speak at. It's got great lines and the side of the pants have embroidered flowers to make the look just a little more edgy and feminine. The jacket fits well and the pants did too when I bought the suit a few months ago. The problem is we had two major food centered holidays between the time I purchased and the time I must slip into them.
Actually, I can't use the word “slip” when it comes to these pants - its more like shove, push, maneuver, and cram! They’re too tight! Thankfully, the jacket is long so it's not a total loss, but it ain’t pretty.
So, I started hitting the treadmill in early January and I’ve been really diligent. That would be effective on loosening my pants if I would just eat less, but I haven’t implemented that intelligent strategy.
Now I find myself a week and a half before the dinner and my pants just aren’t fitting the way I would like. I am going to institute some strategies for making the pants fit. Here are the options:
1. Continue to exercise moderately and eat my dark chocolate.
2. Wear the pants for an hour each day while I sit at my computer so they’ll stretch. This still allows me to eat the dark chocolate while I sit and they stretch.
3. Still attempting to stretch the pants I will wear them while I bounce on my exercise ball and watch American Idol for two hours each week and hope to not split a seam.
4. Ditch the tux pants and go to White House / Black Marketand buy some new black pants.
5. Start taking a diuretic right now and hope all I am carrying is water weight.
6. Don’t worry about it and wear the pants anyway with a rubber band connecting the button with the button hole since if they don’t button now, they certainly won’t button then!!
7. Can you say Spanx?
Somehow I think the amount of time I have spent worrying about this is part of the problem because I am a “stress eater.” The more I worry, the more I eat. So, perhaps I could relax and I would eat less. Ugh. I have a feeling I am going shopping! Do you have any suggestions?